Sunday, January 2, 2011

Happy New Year!

Right outside my apartment during the blizzard!

Happy 2011 everyone! I wish you all a very happy, safe and lucky new year. I have a very good feeling about this up coming year so stick it, brush all those negative minor details off your shoulder and be happy/thankful for all the good you've got in your life! There is a lot of hate and sadness out there in the big, bad world... keep that chin up! I know I sound like a freaking Halmark card right now but hey... my optimism is helping me get through the "not so bad" nonsense in my life- let it help you get through yours.

I am happy to say that I am now another year older... haha... no, it's not my birthday! I can not get over this age thing (for the new year, if you're in Korea, you turn another year older)... this means I am 25 (you know, I am really 23). When you're born you are 1 (I don't get it but whatever, it's Korea). A friend of mine thought it would be nice to go back a year or two... I agree, as I'm sure you would too.

I am going to keep this blog short because I am on vacation in Daegu (Weagwan... 3 hours north or Gwangju) visiting what I can now call a really amazing friend (we were acquaintances before I came). I know there are a few of you who read my blog every Sunday (that's typically when I post)... you know I'm talking to you, Jack! So, for the sake of my vacation... give me a few days and I will WOW you with some exciting stories and more interesting facts about Korean culture.

If you've got the time and your interested, check me out- (I should have a blog up no later then Wednesday night)... I'll be home because it's back to reality come Wednesday.

Before I go... let me share with you the most overwhelming news of my week: Colleen, one of my pregnant sisters is having a boy! I am so taken back by the fact that I am going to have two nephews. My best friends in the whole world (my sisters) are going to be the most amazing mommas. 2011 will bring some beautiful baby boys- I can't wait! ;)

Love Love Love and SMILE!

No comments:

Post a Comment